Building Inspector – Intermittent
Annual Salary: $25.35 – $32.93 per hour
For additional information and to apply for the position, visit https://www.washoecounty.us/humanresources/jobopportunities.php
Washington, D.C. – February 29, 2016 – (RealEstateRama) — The Community Services Department – Building and Safety Division is currently accepting applications for the Intermittent (hourly) Building Inspector position. The intermittent hourly Building Inspector will work on an as needed basis and with no guarantee of hours per week/month.
Under general supervision, performs skilled building inspection and enforcement work with regard to construction and safety codes and ordinances; performs related work as required.
Experience and Training Requirements
One year of progressively responsible experience in building inspection and code enforcement, or in reviewing architectural, structural, electrical or mechanical plans, or as a licensed general contractor; OR an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
License or Certificate
- A valid driver’s license is required at the time of appointment.
- Must possess an ICC Residential Building Inspector (B1) certification and one additional certification in building, electrical, mechanical or plumbing from a recognized code organization or agency.
- Must obtain an ICC Residential Combination Inspector certification within one year of hire date or a recognized equivalent certification.
Conditions of Employment
- Background checks will be conducted on selected applicants through the State of Nevada and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
- Some positions may require a valid driver’s license.
- Intermittent hourly employees are exempt employees pursuant to Section 5.045 of the Washoe County Code. “Intermittent hourly employee” means a person who is not employed on a fixed schedule and works on an “on-call” basis. Please be advised that upon appointment an Intermittent Hourly employee cannot work a regularly scheduled work schedule and must work less than 1040 hours in any fiscal year. Intermittent Hourly employees are “at will” employees and serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
- This is not a classified position and is not covered by a collective bargaining unit.
- Retired PERS (Public Employees’ Retirement System of Nevada) employees are responsible for contacting PERS to make sure that they do not go over the assigned PERS earnings limit for a fiscal year in order to retain retirement benefits. PERS phone number is 775/687-4200 to check for yearly updates.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume to tscott (at) washoecounty (dot) us. Resumes will be reviewed and applicants who have the most potential for success in the position will be contacted for an interview with the Community Services Department – Building and Safety Division.
Deadline for Applying
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Contact Terri Scott, CSD – Building and Safety Division, at (775) 328-2023 or tscott (at) washoecounty (dot) us
HR Front Desk phone: 775-328-2081 fax: 775-328-6119