Forest City Acquires Interest in 12.7-Acre Site for Commercial Development in Las Vegas


Forest City Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:FCEA)(NYSE:FCEB) announced July 30 that it has acquired a 60 percent interest in a 12.7-acre site in downtown Las Vegas.

Forest City acquired its 60 percent interest in the site from entrepreneurial real estate developer Livework LLC, which will hold the remaining 40 percent interest in the property. The total cost of the site is approximately $136 million. KeyBank National Association was the lead lender on the transaction.

Forest City and Livework intend to work with city officials to develop a major regional transportation terminal, city office buildings and other commercial buildings on the five-city-block site, strategically located in the downtown business and city government district, which includes City Hall. The site is also located near hundreds of new condominiums currently under construction, and the 12-million-square-foot World Market Center, a mixed-use home and lifestyle design campus that consists of more than 500 furniture showrooms, and is being further expanded to include office space, a convention center and residences.

Charles A. Ratner, president and chief executive officer of Forest City Enterprises, said, “Forest City is looking forward to working very closely with Livework and the Las Vegas community to develop this site in one of America’s strongest and fastest-growing real estate markets. We have been developing major land projects and retail properties in Las Vegas for more than 20 years. We believe in this market and our new partners, and look forward to creating significant value for our shareholders.”

Corporate Description

Forest City Enterprises, Inc. is a $9.2 billion NYSE-listed national real estate company. The Company is principally engaged in the ownership, development, management and acquisition of commercial and residential real estate and land throughout the United States.


Nevada RealEstateRama is an Internet based Real Estate News and Press Release distributor chanel of RealEstateRama for Nevada Real Estate publishing community.

RealEstateRama staff editor manage to selection and verify the real estate news for State of Nevada.


Previous articleCondo project in doubt